There are many benefits to eating omega-3 rich foods, including a healthier brain and heart and a lowered rate of anxiety,etc.
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fatty fish, flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, olive oil, canola oil etc.
Benefits of eating omega-3 rich food sources:
- Omega-3 fatty acids may help prevent cardiovascular problems.Omega-3 has long been linked to better heart health.
- Omega-3 Can Fight Depression and Anxiety.
- An omega-3 fatty acid called DHA is a major structural component of the retina of the eye. It may help prevent macular degeneration, which can cause vision impairment and blindness.
- Getting enough omega-3 during pregnancy and early life is crucial for the development of the child.Deficiency is linked to low intelligence, poor eyesight and an increased risk of several health problems.
- Omega-3s can reduce chronic inflammation, which can contribute to heart disease, cancer and various other diseases.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can help fight several autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and psoriasis.
- Omega-3 intake has been associated with a lower risk of asthma in both children and young adults.
- Omega-3 can improve bone strength and joint health. This may lead to a reduced risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Including Omega-3 food in the diet helps to improve the length and quality of sleep.
- Omega-3 can help keep skin cells healthy, preventing premature ageing and more. They may also help protect the skin from sun damage, etc.