Cold and damp weather generally means sneezes and sniffles. This happens because sudden change in temperature triggers allergies, cold, cough or fever.
Here are few measures you can take to keep yourself fortified:
- Keep yourself warm, especially the feet! Soak your feet in a small tub of hot water for 10-15 minutes (add a tsp of Epsom or rock salt) and wipe dry to cover them with socks. Wear thermals and cosy up with a nice book!
- Include soups and stews to your diet to increase intake of vital vitamins and nutrients.
- Sip a nice concoction of green and freshly made herbal tea! Add mint, basil leaves, a dash of honey and maybe a little ginger to add some zing!
- Change wet clothes right away. Add drops of aroma oils to your bath (peppermint or lavender) to inhale and unclog the sinuses.
- Stay active! Exercise improves your stamina and releases endorphins, which act as anti-allergens.