Haldi (turmeric) has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and rejuvenating properties but can be made to use only when you add the right amount of it to doodh (milk).
A cup of milk and put it to a boil. Add a pinch of haldi and some sugar to taste (optional). Drink it warm, just before you sleep.
6 Benefits of Haldi Doodh:
- Due to its antiviral and antibacterial property, turmeric milk is an effective remedy for cough and cold and relief’s sore throat. Having warm turmeric milk increases the mucus production which flushes out the microbes from the respiratory tract.
- Having milk at night is anyway beneficial for health and it induces good sleep. When teamed with turmeric, it also acts as an anti-ageing tonic.
- It helps to purify the blood. Having this milk can help boost the blood circulation and cleanses the blood vessels and lymphatic system from all impurities.
- It helps to fastens the recovery from an injury (e.g. physical trauma, sickness or surgery).
- Having turmeric milk is also beneficial in treating joint and bone issues e.g. arthritis.
- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric milk fights against ageing, acne, scars, skin eruptions, and eczema. Additional benefits of having turmeric milk - smoother skin, removes fine lines, lightens the blemishes and helps your skin to glow naturally.