Hand washing can save many lives. It prevents spread of infections and decrease incidence of illnesses which in turn leads to increase productivity.
Five simple and effective steps are:
- Scrub for 20 seconds
It helps prevent spread of germs and prevent sickness.
When to wash hands:
- Before and after eating food
- After using washroom/changing diapers
- Coughing, sneezing, blowing of nose
- Handling garbage
- Playing with pets
- Taking care of sick person at home
- Coming back after long day at office (especially before greeting small children)
What If there is no water and soap?
Use hand sanitizer. These are alcohol based sanitizers; they quickly reduce microbes significantly. But washing hand with soap and water is the best option.
Hand washing is like vaccination, it prevents spread of infection. More important it is, if you have a small baby at home.