In short, self-esteem is the respect or dignity that we hold for ourselves. However, in recovery, your vulnerability to stress blocks you from nourishing your-self esteem. Besides recovery is an ongoing process and the need for a better self-esteem is essential. Thus certain addition to your behaviour in order to boost your self-esteem is much needed.
- Feel free to share thought and feelings regardless of any judgment.
- Be positive about your recovery and have faith in your efforts.
- Always appreciate yourself each day for your recovery.
- Try to help other recovering client through motivation.
- Also, appreciate other recovering clients for their rigorous efforts.
- Always feel free to consult your counsellor or sponsor for any suggestion.
Such practice will befit you in:
- Building confidence.
- Motivating your recovery further.
- Appreciating self.
- Feeling accepted and worthy.
- Being compliant and dedicated to your recovery.
- Feeling positive and good about yourself.
- Preventing a slip or relapse.
Ultimately, over a gradual period of time, your self-esteem will improve and your recovery will become much easy.