In most of the cases, trouble in a marriage arises from the certain expectations one has from the other partner. When these expectations not met by the partner then it may lead towards conflict or active/passive aggression which may further create distance in a couple. One should tell the other partner about their expectations otherwise the partner will never know about certain points which are running in his/her mind.
Realistic Expectations from a Husband:
- Every husband’s desire to get respect from the wife for him and his family.
- No matter how tough the husband acts but the other partner needs to appreciate him for their hard work.
- Mostly males are not as assertive as females but they do want to be understood, cared and loved.
- After a hectic working schedule, they do desire to have a quiet time after they reach home.
- To be physically involved with a partner on regular basis.
Realistic Expectations from a Wife:
- To provide an emotional support when they go through a rough patch in their life.
- A wife wants the husband to listen, understand and care her.
- Wife expects the husband to be assertive verbally and physically.
- To have an honest and intimate relationship.
- She wants appreciation from the husband.
Unrealistic Expectations in a Marriage:
- Partner’s desire that the second half should give all the time to him/her.
- Expects that the other partner to read your mind.
- To put a condition to pick either mother’s side or her or vice versa.To expect that your partner does not notice other woman or man.
- To set rules for a partner and desire him/her to behave in that particular way.
- Assume to give up his/her friends.