What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is an immune system problem. An autoimmune condition that causes the rapid build-up of skin cells. This build-up of cells causes scaling on the skin's surface.
Causes of Psoriasis
The main cause of psoriasis are prolonged stress and strain.
Other causes are genetics, lifestyle, HIV, microbes, medications.
Signs and symptoms of Psoriasis
Skin signs are – inflammation, thick, flaking, white, silvery or red patches appear with itching on any part of the body.
Types of Psoriasis
1. Plaque psoriasis- most common form affects 85% to 90% of people.
2. Pustular psoriasis- appears as raised bumps filled with non-infectious pus.
3. Inverse psoriasis- appears as smooth, inflamed patches of skin, frequently affects skin folds, particularly around the genitals.
4. Guttate psoriasis- characterized by numerous small, scaly, red or pink, droplets like lesions (papules).
5. Mouth- this type is very rare
6. Seborrheic like psoriasis- common form manifests as red plaque with greasy scales in areas of higher sebum production such as scalp, forehead & skin folds.
7. Psoriatic arthritis- form of chronic inflammatory arthritis. Nail changes- occurs in 40% to 45% of people.
Diagnosis of Psoriasis
It is usually based on the appearance of the skin. Skin characteristics of psoriasis are scaly, erythematous plaques, papules or patches of skin that maybe painful and itch.No special blood tests or diagnostic procedures are required to make the diagnosis.
Treatment- How to treat Psoriasis by Homeopathy
A complete cure by homeopathic medicines is possible. Homeopathy is a Holistic way of treatment. It cures the problem from the root. Treatment is safe and natural for all types of psoriasis. It cures psoriasis permanently. Homeopathic medicines are very individualised in psoriasis, that means every individual is treated differently.
Home remedies for Psoriasis
1. Dietary supplements- fresh fruits and vegetables to increase immune response.
2. Prevent dry skin- By applying aloe Vera gel
3. Avoid artificial fragrance
4. Warm baths for itch relief
5. Reduce stress and strain- we teach meditation & breathing techniques
6. Avoid alcohol, smoking and drugs
7. Vegan diet
8. Try turmeric lotion/calendula ointment for discharges
9. Stop smoking and alcohol