The number of patients from dengue and Chikungunya is on a constant rise and modern medicines are not proving that effective so people are seeking help from Ayurveda. Here are some easy and effective cures for Dengue and Chikungunya which you can do it yourself at home.
Note: These tips are for precaution and you need to take medical treatment along with these remedies. Do not neglect medical support.
Symptoms of Dengue
- Body ache with high grade fever
- Headache, backache, pain around the eyes.
- Pain in the joints and redness of eyes.
- Red spots on the skin.
- Vertigo, loss of appetite.
- In severe cases hemorrhage
Dengue itself do not cause the death, it hampers the liver, lowers down the blood pressure, pulse rate, decreases the blood platelets which eventually leads to the death. First 3-4 days are critical because the body takes time to generate immunity against dengue.
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
Take the vine and heart -shaped leaves of Giloy and bash it, then make a decoction by adding water, boil and let it reduce ¼.let it rest for a while, drink 2 teaspoon of this decoction in every 2 hour. It does not let the blood pressure fall, it increases the platelets, builds immunity, boosts the liver and normalizes the heart rate.
In Chikungunya the symptoms are more or less similar one feature stands out is, there is joint pain and swelling with fever.
Take Giloy decoction as described above plus Punarnawa Mandur- 2 tablets thrice a day and Chandraprabha Vati -2 tablets thrice a day.
Other Things to do
- Eat a lot of Pomegranate, Aloe Vera, Wheat grass, Papaya.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Protect yourself from the mosquitoes.
- Use mosquito repellent and other agents to keep your home mosquito free.
- Regular exercise and good diet.