Oral Health Protection of your New-born babies/Children at Home:
18 January, 2017
- Parents are advised to clean infant’s gums with clean, damp cloth after each feeding.
- As soon as first teeth come in begin brushing them with small bristle tooth brush and water. When a child is two years old begin using tooth paste because younger children tend to swallow tooth paste rather than spitting out.
- To avoid baby bottle tooth decay and teeth malalignment due sucking try to wean the child off the breast and bottle by one year of age and monitor excessive sucking of pacifiers at bed time.
- Help young child brush at night which is important time to brush due to lower salivary flow and higher susceptibility to caries.
- Best way to teach a child how brush is to lead by good example. Allowing child to watch parent brush their teeth teaches them importance of good oral hygiene.
- As soon as two teeth touch each other floss between them once in a day.
- Introduce Fluoride tooth paste when a child is old enough not to swallow it.
- Having a well- baby checkup at an early age helps connect child to dental home.
- ‘Dental home’ is a place where you can take child from year to year. This helps the dentist to know child’s and family’s specific dental needs so that dentist can provide best dental care.
- ‘Dental home’ tell how to reach office in case of an accident/dental emergency, give specific advice about regular follow up care and help parents to guard and promote child’s oral health.
- Home >
- Health Articles >
- Oral hygiene ,
- Kids Health >
- Oral Health Protection of your New-born babies/Children at Home:
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Articles based on Health interests