"The celebration of new year has little to do with a new calendar and everything to do with a new start” – Toni Sorenson.
A WHO led study estimates that Depression and Anxiety disorders cost the global economy US 1 trillion Dollars (Rs. 71 Lakh Crore approx.) each year lost in productivity.
An estimated 1 in 7 Indians suffered from mental disorders of varying severity (in 2017) with Depression and Anxiety being the commonest, according to a study published in Lancet Psychiatry.
With every New Year that we bring in, it is becoming much more difficult to lead a life where we may say with utmost confidence that we have achieved every goal we had set out to achieve at the beginning of the year.
- Limited time on social media and smartphone.
- Learn to say NO·
- Live in the present.
- Go to bed early.
- Reduce alcohol and cigarette consumption.
- Practice Gratitude.
- Spend quality time with loved ones.
- Ditch a bad habit.
- Exercise regularly.
- Indulge in self-care.
- Be patient.
- Follow a healthier diet.
- Maintain a diary.
- Practice Mindfulness.
- Do the things you love to do.
- Focus on the good.
- Begin with and be consistent with your goals.
- Seek help of a Mental Health Professional .