Are you suffering from the painful condition of hemorrhoids, also called piles, and are looking for a non-surgical treatment to get rid of this pain in the butt problem, literally? Natural treatment for piles in Ayurveda is a leading one.
What is Hemorrhoids or Piles?
Hemorrhoids , also called piles, are swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and lower rectum. Hemorrhoids may result from straining during bowel movements or from the increased pressure on these veins. Internal hemorrhoids occur above the dentate line and are, therefore, usually painless. They can cause bleeding or they may push out of (prolapsed) the anal opening when they become quite large.
Hemorrhoids are described by the name of Arsha in Ayurveda Treatment. This is caused by low digestive fire, vitiation of all doshas, especially that of Apana vata. “Apana vata” is one of the five types of Vata and is located in the testicles, urinary bladder, phallus, umbilicus, thighs, groin, anus and colon. It controls functions such as, voiding of urine, normal delivery and excretion of stool, etc. Its vitiation causes accumulation of waste products and varicosity of veins in the rectum etc. Constant traveling in a sitting posture on a hard seat, chronic constipation and pregnancy are predisposing factors for this vitiation.
Ayurveda Medication for piles
1. Chew your food properly which enables better digestion.
2. Take buttermilk, onion, leafy vegetables and green gram etc.
3. You should not eat any food which is hard to digest.
4. You should also cut back on spicy and oily foods.
5. Increase your intake of okra, spinach, carrots, radish and yam in your everyday menu.
6. Keep the anal area clean.
7. Take warm baths.
8. Have enough sleep.
1. Don’t sit too much on a hard surface because it can restrict blood flow around the anal area.
2. Don’t drink coffee or alcohol.
3. Hurry, worry and curry is absolutely not advisable for a piles patients.
4. Don’t use laxatives regularly as it may become a habit and cause the bowels to lose its ability to function normally.