Almost everyone suffers severe disappointment within a few months after marriage/ intimate relationship. One of the main reasons for this is that modern marriage/ intimate relationship is based on many myths or false assumptions.
- People marry because they love each other.
- Most married/ intimate people love each other.
- Love is necessary for a satisfactory marriage.
- There are inherent behavioural and attitudinal differences between females and males, and these differences cause most marital troubles.
- The advent of children automatically improves a difficult or an unfulfilled marriage.
- Marriage/ intimate relationship cures loneliness.
- If partners fight, they have a poor marriage/ intimate relationship.