With growing numbers of smart phones, injuries related to mobile phone and hand held device are increasing too. Here are few mobile phone ergonomics tips-
- Alternate between using your thumbs and other fingers to type. Whenever possible, use your fingers to type instead of your thumbs
- An awkward bent position for your thumb can lead to injuries. So it is better to use the pad of your thumb as opposed to the tip of the thumb while typing.
- If you are going to use your phone for a long period of time it is best to switch hands whenever possible to rest your thumb
- Try to keep your wrists relaxed and as straight as possible. Regular wrist movements give an ease to the pain. Move your wrists up and down gently when your hand is at rest.
- While relaxing do some thumb exercise by rotating your thumbs slowly.
- Try to maintain the phone at your chest, chin or eye level to minimize the bend in your neck and to maintain optimal posture.