The word psychosomatic can be split into two parts, 'psych' (means mind) and 'soma' (means body). It refers to an illness that arises/worsens due to the state of the mind. If the mind is under a lot of stress or anxiety, there are a wide array of health issues that pop up. For eg, Migraine Headaches, Bronchial Asthma, High BP, Psoriasis, Eczema, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Heart Attacks etc.
Sometimes psychological factors can cause ill health without causing any disease in particular. For eg, unhappiness, anxiety or stress can lead to breathlessness, chest pains, diarrhoea, muscle pain, giddiness, nausea and abdominal pains.
Graphotherapy is a very powerful form of healing that works at the level of the Manomaya Kosha. People have healed from severe medical conditions such as kidney stones, migraine headaches and cervical spondylosis. All psychosomatic disorders can be rooted out through Graphotherapy.
Commonly found psychosomatic disorders and their causes
1. Migraine Headaches: Self-criticism and Fear
2. Crevicular Spondylosis: Inflexibility, Stubbornness and heavy Emotional Burden
3. Lower Back Pain: Fear of Money and a Lack of Financial Support
4. Indigestion/Gastric issues: Indigestible thoughts
5. Feet Pain: Fear of future and Lack of Self-Awareness
All of us will have some form of psychological turbulence at some point in our lives. How we go through the situation is more important than the situation itself.
Have a blessed life!