Nowadays gradually rising of temperature lends a common condition known as sun stroke or heat stroke. In which extreme high temperature up to 47°C (106°F) with scanty sweating and profuse fluid loss due to diarrhea & vomiting is common. In such situation use of modern allopathic drugs like acetaminophen, NSAIDS may become harmful to decrease temperature because of imbalance in hypothalamus that medicines may lead to hepatic or renal toxicity.
Causes of Sun Stroke:
- Working in hot weather without drinking enough fluids.
- Excessive sweating.
- Exercising or working out on hot days.
- Certain diseases conditions & some drugs prone to this condition i.e. alcoholism, chronic heart diseases, obesity, old age or very young age(children),Parkinson’s diseases, diabetes, use of diuretics & anti histaminic drugs, use of psychoactive drugs.
- Heavy Clothing
- High temperature up to 41°C (106°F)
- Hot red dry skin.
- Rapid Shallow Breathing.
- Confused & strange behavior.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Loss of sweating.
- Low blood pressure.
- Fatigue & weakness.
- Diarrhea, Nausea & vomiting.
There are few common homeopathic medicines frequently used in this conditions the basis of following indications. Though one should always consult specialist for exact indication & dosage.
: It is the first medicine to be thought of when sudden effects of sun exposure with following symptoms:
- Full, Heavy, bursting sensation in head.
- Sudden rise of temperature.
- Face become rushed, red, hot or pallorness.
- Intense unquenchable thirst for cold water.
- With all complaints patient became highly
- restless, anxious & fearful.
: congestion in every parts after heat (sun) exposure leads to sudden & violent symptoms is indicate for Belladonna.
- Congestion in head, face, eyes even brain & meninges.
- Throbbing headache especially right side with mental agility, delirium person become furious, behaves like a mad who is
- usually quite & happy, joyous in routine life.
- Nausea, vomiting with great thirst for cold water through dread of drinking water because of uncontrollable vomiting.
- Skin dry, hot, rashes in body with high fever & dry sweat only on head.
: one of the most useful in this
condition frequently used especially in plethoric person.
- Heavy head, throbbing, congestion, head pain with extreme irritability.
- Head pain increase & decrease with sunrise & sunset.
- Flushed,hot, livid, pale face.
- Palpitation dyspnoea, throbbing whole over body
- aggravate while cooking.
: Best remedy for after effect
& chronic effect of Sunstroke.
- Great debility, unable to think confusion after summer heat.
- Head pain after mental exertion with vertigo.
- Weak digestion by slightest error of diet, dyspepsia that commonly happens in summer season.
- Diarrhea from milk which is pulpy and orange colored.
- Hypotension with soft and weak pulse.
- Hot head, throbbing pain with blood shot eyes.
- Vertigo, nausea & vomiting after smallest quantity of food & drinks.
- Profuse diarrhea, hyperthermia in evening, hypothermia in morning.
- Person becomes quarrelsome delirious.
- Congestion of lungs, difficult breathing even pneumonia.
Besides these there are many other medicines like Brayonia, Natrum mur, Gelsemium can be use
as per the indication under supervision.
Preventive Measure: Use plenty of fluids , Avoid strenuous exercise & constant exposure to sun, wear loose and cotton clothing. Apply ice pack to person with hyperthermia & correct fluid imbalance.