Maintaining a healthy voice – dos and don’ts
- Drink plenty of water – hydration increases mucus production and vocal cord lubrication.
- Avoid alcohol and coffee and beverages which can cause dehydration like beer etc.
- Avoid active and passive smoking.
- Avoid abuse/ misuse of voice
- Avoid habitual yelling, screaming and cheering
- Stop talking when the throat is dry and tired
- Use non vocal visual clues to draw attention
- Use microphones to augment your voice
- Avoid talking in noisy surroundings and environment
- Stop talking at an unnatural pitch
Maj. Rajesh Bhardwaj