Diet, exercise and sleep are the three important aspects of a weight loss routine. Diet always focuses on the main meals of the day namely breakfast lunch and dinner. Any person who is on the weight loss bandwagon tries to account for every calorie consumed during these 3 meal times.
In spite of keeping in check the calorie intake during the main meals, diet does not always yield the desired results. One of the reasons for this could be the snacking in-between meals. In order to satisfy your hunger pangs, you could be taking in foods which totally negate the effect of your strict diet control.
So,here are some tips to help you choose certain healthy options to satisfy your in-between meal cravings and at the same time not jeopardize your calorie intake.
1) Drink plenty of water: by this, I mean plain drinking water. Sometimes thirst may manifest as hunger. Before you reach out for a snack try taking a few sips of water and then decide if you are really hungry.
2) Avoid processed foods: cookies, cakes, health-bars, tea, coffee, colas are all full of sugar.Chips and other dry snacks are deep-fried.these are best avoided.
3) Avoid eating any snack from its original pack: Empty the snack in a plate/bowl. This makes you realize the portion size of the snack.
4) Natural foods make good options: Try keeping diced salads or low-calorie fruits within your reach. These are good enough to satisfy your hunger for a short period without making you feel too full plus they are a good source of vitamins and fiber.
5) Roasted/toasted nuts and seeds are also a good option to snack on,again keeping in mind the portion size. These should preferably be non-salted.
6) Packed juices/beverages are a big no-no as they are loaded with sugar. Fresh juices or salted buttermilk is a safer option.
7) Popsicle's made from frozen fruit,par-boiled sprouts,carrots/beets with light and low-calorie dips are some fancier yet nutritious options to consider.
Every little effort of yours will go a long way in helping you to lose weight and these tips will surely help you reach your goal.