Quinoa is one of the most popular healthy food. It is gluten-free,high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all essential amino acids. Quinoa is high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and many beneficial antioxidants.
1. Very Nutritious
* It is basically a seed, which is prepared and eaten similarly to a grain.
* There are three main types: white, red and black.
* It also contains a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
* Quinoa is non-GMO, gluten-free and usually grown organically.
2. Very High in Fiber
Another important benefit of quinoa is high fiber content.
3. Gluten-Free and Perfect for People With Gluten Intolerance
* A gluten-free diet can be healthy, as it’s based on foods that are naturally gluten-free.
4. Very High in Protein With All Essential Amino Acids
* Quinoa is high in protein compared to most plant foods. It also contains all the essential amino acids that you need, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarians and vegans.
5. Has a Low Glycemic Index
* The glycemic index is a measure of how quickly foods raise your blood sugar levels.
* Eating foods that are high on the glycemic index can stimulate hunger and contribute to obesity.
* Quinoa has a glycemic index of 53, which is considered low (22). keep in mind that it’s still fairly high in carbs.
6. Very High in Antioxidants
* Quinoa is very high in antioxidants, which are substances that neutralize free radicals and are believed to help fight aging and many diseases.
7. Help You in Lose Weight
* It is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.