The most important decision in restoring your hair is the physician you choose. The skill, talent and expertise of hair restoration physician vary widely , as do the end result.
Understand that hair loss is progressive
As we age, our hair loss continues essentially for a lifetime. Therefore, a hair transplant is not designed to “cure” hair loss, but rather is a treatment to fill in areas that have thinned or are already bald.
Finding your doctor
In general, the best way to find a physician is through a referral, either from your dermatologist, general practitioner , or another patient . Perhaps, the worst way to choose a doctor is through infomercials or aggressive marketing campaign.
The doctor's background
In choosing a hair transplant surgeon , the first thing you need to know is the doctor's speciality . Ideally, he or she is certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The benefit of seeing a Dermatologist is that their training is in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases of skin and hair, so they are the best capable of making an accurate diagnosis and balancing all treatment options.
In your first consultation, keep following points in mind:
- Does the doctor perform his own consultation with the patients or does he use a non- medical consultant?During your initial consultation, be sure to meet with the hair transplant doctor who will be performing your surgery.
- Ask for name and phone number of at least five patients , you can contact to discuss their experiences with hair transplant physician .
- Can your hair transplant doctor provide you minimum of 5-8 sets of before and after photos . Be sure that the photos provide a clear view of the hair line, as well as mid anterior scalp.Also, as if the doctor can provide you photographs of donor scars.
Do be wary of discount deals
If you find a discount deal, make sure that you research their credentials and what the procedure actually entails. You want to ensure that you are getting the best and most reliable hair transplant procedure available.
Why there is cost variation among different centres?
There area many reasons behind cost variation between different centres. A higher cost does not imply better results .
- Some centres have a huge budget allocation for advertising and marketing . So, they tend to recover cost from patients
- Some centres run a chair of clinic and get work done by hired doctors and technicians. So, overall cost s high.
As a person is likely to undergo hair transplant procedure only once in his life, it is of utmost importance to choose the right doctor in order to get best results which will last for life. The final outcome of procedure depend upon the skill, knowledge, sincerity , hard work and compassion of the doctor .
You can really do it. Do your homework, listen to the advice to get on medical therapy, and have your procedure done with the right technique by an experienced hair transplant surgeon.