As a dermatologist, i see many patients with hair loss every day. Most patients are really stressed about their hair loss, males and females both equally worried.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR HAIR LOSS?
- NUTRITION: Vitamin D3 and B12 are generally less in vegetarians.Iron deficiency is also common. These can be corrected with proper diet and with medicine to restore the normal levels.
- STRESS: Plays a big role whether it is mental or physical stress.
- ANY ILLNESS: high fever like dengue malaria, jaundice can cause a late onset hair loss one to one and half months after the fever is cured, this type of hair loss generally becomes normal after 2 to 3 months.
- MALE PATTERN BALDNESS: It is normal for a male to lose some hair after the age of 30 with hairline going back.this is due to the male hormone testosterone.
- HORMONAL: females with hormonal imbalance can have severe hair loss in younger age or at the time of menopause
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- HOME CARE: do not change hair products repeatedly, do not massage too much if there is hair loss,
- you can oil gently once a week
- DIET: lots of water, high protein - sprouts, soya, dals in vegetarians .have some nuts, green leafy veggies regularly.