Genital warts also known as Condyloma, Condylomata acuminata, orvenereal warts, anal wart or anogenital wart. G.W. is a highlycontagious sexually transmitted infectioncaused by some sub-types of humanpapillomavirus (HPV). It is spread throughdirect skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex withan infected partner. Genitalwarts arethe most easily recognized sign of genital HPV infection.
Genital warts may be small, flat, flesh-colored bumps ortiny, cauliflower-like bumps. In men, genital warts can grow on the penis, nearthe anus, or between the penis and the scrotum. In women, genital warts maygrow on the vulva and perineal area, in the vagina and on the cervix. Genitalwarts vary in size and may even be so small that you can’t see them. They canlead to cancer of the cervix in women or cancer of the penis in men.
· Causative organism- Human papilloma virus
· Transmission- sexually transmitted
· Common in- sexually promiscuous young adults, homosexual
· Occurrence common in children suggests sexual abuse
· Associated with other sexually transmitted diseases
· Onset - insidious
· Urethral meatus
· Frenum or coronal sulcus
· First appear at posteriorintroitus
· Spread to vulva
· Peri-anal region
· Starts as soft moist papule
· Papule grows rapidly
· Becomes lobulated and pedunculated (cauliflower excerscence)
· Adjacent warts become confluent
· Large fungating masses form
· Surface is eroded
· Discharge of sero-purulent, foetid matter
· Chronic, progressive course
· Prognosis good, with effective treatment.
· Obstinate tendency to recur.
· Maintain strict hygiene
· Keep affected parts dry
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The medicines given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy.
· MERCURIUS SOLUBILIS
· NITRICUM ACIDUM