The Best Ingredients for Detox
There are a number of fruits, vegetables and herbs that can be added to water to support detoxification. Each one has specific components that aid detoxification while helping to boost the immune system and prevent chronic disease. To make your own detox drink, you can read through the benefits and combine the ingredients that are tailored to your needs specifically.
Water: Consume as much as you can so that you are hydrated and get detoxed easily via sweating.
- Contains All Essential Macronutrients.
- Has A Cooling Effect On The Digestive Tract.
- Helps Wash Down Oily Food.
- Encourages Digestion And Treats Stomach Ailments.
- Effective Against Dehydration.
- Provides Calcium Without The Fat.
- Rich In Vitamins.
- Watermelon is low in calories and helps hydrate the body.
- It fights inflammation and free radical damage while providing vitamin A and vitamin B, both known for having anti-ageing properties.
- Watermelon contains a high amount of lycopene, a certain type of carotenoid that is responsible for giving watermelon its deep red or pink colour and serves as a powerful antioxidant.
- Studies have shown that lycopene plays a role in the prevention of chronic diseases and may prevent osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
- Watermelon also provides potassium and magnesium, which are important for detoxification and managing blood flow and hydration levels in the body.
- Cucumber nutrition includes some impressive benefits when it comes to fighting free radical damage and inflammation.
- They also contain some powerful polyphenol compounds that can help to naturally slow ageing that is caused by oxidative stress.
- Cucumbers are diuretics, so they stimulate urination which helps to cleanse the liver, flush out bodily toxins and avoid water retention.
- Lemon contains ascorbic acid, which helps to detoxify the body; it also aids digestion, keeps your skin glowing and provides vitamin C, which stimulates white blood cell production and boosts immune system function.
- The benefits of lemon water include its ability to rejuvenate the skin, heal the body and boost energy. A lemon water detox may also help you to lose weight because lemon contains pectin, a type of fiber that helps you to feel full longer.
- Adding lime juice to detox drinks provides vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Vitamin C is known to improve physical performance, boost the immune system and fight free radical damage.
- Limes aid detoxification by promoting the activity of an enzyme in the liver called glutathione-S-transferase (GST).
- They also contain flavonoids that stimulate the digestive system and increase the secretion of bile and acids.
- Did you know that mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food? It’s the perfect ingredient for detox drinks because it invigorates the senses while soothing an upset stomach or indigestion.
- Mint improves the flow of bile through the stomach and speeds up the digestion process, helping to detoxify the body. It also has antimicrobial properties and can be used to support oral health
- Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals.
FEW DETOX RECIPES
- Lemon juice from 1lemon and 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger root, grated
- A handful of mint leaves, 2 cups of cubed watermelon and wedges from 1 lime
- Wedges of 1 lemon and 1 cucumber sliced
Advantages of Detox Diet
- Removal of harmful toxins from the body.
- Rejuvenates the body.·
- Boosts energy levels.·
- Improves digestion.·
- Makes the skin glow.·
- Helps develop healthy eating habits.·
- Makes a person feel healthier and can recover from illnesses.·
- Aids in weight loss.
Have a great summer and Stay Healthy! :)