In todays modern generation we all have realized the importance of teeth
But due to lots and lots of reason we have one,few or many of our natural teeth missing.
We as a dentist often quote our esteemed patients that"Extraction of natural teeth is not a solution to a problem but a start of new problem".
So what are the options after me have lost our teeth:
- SINGLE UNIT CROWN/CAP.
- MULTIPLE UNIT BRIDGE/CROWNS/CAPS.
- IMPLANT RETAINED TEETH.
- IMPLANT RETAINED FIXED DENTURES.
- ACRYLIC PARTIAL DENTURE.
- ACRYLIC FULL DENTURES.
- VALPLAST(RUBBER DENTURES).
- CAST PARTIAL DENTURES.
- BPS(SWISS MADE )DENTURES.
Like in Fixed teeth we have options of:1.Metal crown/bridge.2.Ceramic crown/bridge.3.Metal free(zirconia)crown/bridge.4.Various qualities of implants:OSSTEM,NOBEL BIOCARE,ADIN,BIO-HORIZONS ETC.
- MEDICAL HISTORY.
- EXPENSE/BUDGET PROVISIONS.
- DURATION OF TREATMENT.
- ORAL HYGIENE AND PROGNOSIS.
But after all this awareness and easy approach to dentists,still lot of us don't replace the missing teeth.
If we don't replace missing teeth there are other problems which arise from the same:
- SPACING IN ADJACENT NATURAL TEETH.
- DRIFTING OF ADJACENT NATURAL TEETH AND OF OPPOSING TEETH.
- BONE LOSS AND GINGIVAL RECESSION OF MISSING AREA.
- FACIAL APPEARANCE CHANGES.
- Personally I as a dentist and We as a specialized center for implantology, give lots of emphasis on Dental Implants in medically favourable conditions.
Advantages of Implant Retained Replacement Options:
- We can replace that particular region/tooth only.
- No need of additional support from adjacent teeth,so no shaping of adjacent teeth.
- Removable full dentures can now easily get fixed teeth by implants,so eating,chewing,mastication,fixed teeth are absolutely possible.
- Adapts to gums and oral tissues as good as a natural tooth.
- Very bio compatible.
- Immediate replacement possible in Esthetic zone/Front part of the mouth.
- Hope these points help in solving the dilemma of replacement of teeth plus encourages each and every one of us to go and get all our teeth replaced .