Are you looking for an ideal detox diet? Taking a detox diet does much more than making your skin glow and your eyes sparkle. It boosts your energy levels, improves your digestive system and also helps you with weight loss. A detox diet contains no grains, no milk, no alcohol and no sugar. A detox plan aims at taking the load off the organs which detoxify your body, such as kidneys, liver, and bowel.
There are several things you should keep in mind before undertaking a detox diet. How to start?
You should undertake a detox diet when you have a long break from events and occasions which might disrupt your detox diet, such as parties, weddings, and birthdays. You may experience a cleansing reaction during the first few days of the detox diet, like loose bowel movement and headache. This happens because of the abrupt withdrawal of some food items from your diet.
Food you should avoid while on a detox diet
There are several food items you should avoid. They include milk products, sugar, maple syrup, honey, artificial sweeteners, coffee, alcohol, dried fruit, and grains such as wheat, barley, oats, rice, and barley.
Food you should take while on a detox diet
Here are the food products which should be a part of your detox diet:
1. All kinds of fresh fruits
2. All kinds of fresh vegetables
3. Fresh fish or fish canned in olive oil or water
4. Lean red meat and chicken
5. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, and kidney beans
6. Organic eggs
7. Unprocessed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil
8. Nuts such as walnuts, cashews, macadamias, and unsalted almonds
9. Seeds like pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds
10. White tea, green tea
11 .1 to 3 liters of water every day
1. You should start your day in the morning with lemon juice, which is good for cleansing your system and kick starting digestion.
2. During detox, you should exercise for an hour regularly. Vigorous exercise is required, which increases your circulation and lymph flow for helping you sweat out toxins.
3. Consume raw food items as they contain more enzymes and nutrients.
4. You also need to detoxify your mind. You should meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. You can also try belly breathing.
5. Drinking lots of water is very important during a detox diet. This helps in moving the lymphs and supporting detoxification from your kidneys.
6. It is important to chew your food properly. You should chew a mouthful of food for about 10 to 12 times before swallowing it. You should avoid a detox diet if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, are underweight, or if you are an elderly person.