Here are some tips for Jaw pain or TMJ:
1. Take over the counter painkiller to relieve pain and stiffness in the jaw.
2. Use moist heat pack for 10 min. thrice a day to relax your muscles and improve circulation to TMJ muscles.
3. In case of inflammation, use an ice pack to reduce swelling and relieves the pain.
4. Do relaxation exercises (Deep breathing exercises) and yoga( Pranayama).
5. Do jaw exercises under the guidance of expert Physiotherapist.
6. Take soft food and take small meals to avoid fatigue to the jaw. Don’t chew gum. Avoid hard food.
7. If pain persists, then consult a doctor for a further check-up.
For any Further advice/assistance consult an expert,