Anti-aging is to delay, stop or retard the aging process. Our body is made of cells and aging occurs when these cells dies as an infant, child and young adult. Our body cells are strong, resilient and can make new cells. As the years advance, our body ability to generate new cells diminishes. Cell death occurs and aging process appears in the form of wrinkles, sagging of skin and wrinkling of skin.
Wrinkles are the creases, folds or ridges in the skin. They normally appear as people get older. There are two type of wrinkles - dynamic and static.
Dynamic wrinkles: the first wrinkle appear on a person's face tend to occur as a result of too much facial expressions.
Static wrinkles: this develops because of sun-damage, smoking, dehydration, environmental effects, genetic, lifestyle factors.
Affected parts of body are:
- Back of hands
- Decollete area
Causes of aging: wrinkles are natural part of aging process; as people get older their skin gets thinner, drier, less elastic and less able to protect itself from damage and this leads to wrinkles and fine lines. Other causes are free radicals, inflammation, glycation, stress, loss of bone structure, loss of fat and loss of volume.
1. Vit c
2. Hyaluronic acid
4. Co -enzyme q10
6. Collagen boosters and stem cells
2. Chemical peels
3. PRP (Plasma Rich Platelet)
6. Ipl laser
7. Q-switch laser
8. Radio frequency
11. Utthera (ultrasound)
13. LED lights
14. Medi Facials
Number of sessions are different in all the treatments which will be decided by the doctor after the consultation.
a) Fillers: It is used to reduce the wrinkles, plumping and lifting the cheeks, chin, jawline, back of hand, filling out the thin lips, nasolabial folds, dropping of lips and under eye volume. It lasts for 12 to 18 months. It is done in one visit only.
b) Botox: botulinum toxin is used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by paralyzing the underlying muscles mainly used for bunny lines, crow's feet, forehead lines. It will last for 6 to 8 months. It is done in one session.
c) Thread lift: its a treatment which lifts and tightens sagging skin tissue. It last for 12 to 24 months. It's done in one session.
2. Chemical peels: it comes in a variety of strengths and types. Solution damages the outer layer of skin in a controlled way in order to produce new cells and tissues to give a further firmer and smooth look. 3 to 8 sessions are required according to the skin condition of a patient.
3. Microdermabrasion: multiple sessions are required in the time interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
4. IPL laser: it enhances the blood circulation and collagen stimulation which gives the smooth look to the skin .no of sessions are required.
5. Radiofrequency (mono, tripolar, multipolar): radiofrequency uses energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It's a very safe and quick fix treatment with no downtime.
6. Multi polar: 5 to 8 sessions are needed to see the desirable results a very good option for early aging patient.
7. Tripolar: 3 to 5 sessions are needed to see the desirable results.
8. Monopolar: very safe, quick fix and long lasting treatment. One or two session will be needed in a year
9. Ultrasound (ulthera, hifu): improves the appearance of wrinkles by depositing focused ultrasound energy below the surface to stimulate new collagen - the natural protein that gives youthful firmness and elasticity. Skin begins to lift and tone over time. Results will last as long as body will produce the new collagen. Generally once in 6 months session will be needed. 1 hr treatment with little swelling for few hours and then your skin is ready to glow with tighter and smoother look.