Flax seeds contain just the right amount of fibre, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, and are excellent for your skin, hair and overall health examples are:
- High in Fiber, but Low in Carbs: flax seeds are high in both soluble and insoluble fibre which can support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Helps in Weight loss: flaxseeds are full of healthy fats and fibre, it will help you feel satisfied longer so you will eat fewer calories overall which may lead to weight loss. ALA fats may also help reduce inflammation.
- Improves digestion: The high amounts of fibre aid the digestive process by improving the absorption of nutrients, and also keep the stomach full for longer.
- Encourages healthy bowel movement: If the inside of your body is performing perfectly, the result will show on your skin. A healthy, proper bowel movement prevents skin diseases and encourages newer healthier skin cells.
- Flaxseeds Improve Brain Health: Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Specifically, it’s high in a type of omega-3 called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which has been strongly linked to brain health.
- Keeps skin healthy: The omega-3 fatty acids in flax seeds minimise skin rashes, irritation and redness, and also help wounds heal faster.
- Stops hair breakage: Eating flax seeds makes your hair elastic and strong, and prevents hair breakage.
- Lowering cholesterol and improving heart health: The fibre, phytosterols, and omega-3 content of flax seed may help boost heart health.
In powdered form flax seeds, there are many ways you can add them to your diet like: oats, cereals, sprinkle on salads, etc.