Some nutrients are important for healthy living and play a important role in daily body metabolism. We eat nutritious food most of the time, but are you meeting your daily requirement? Most of the health problems are due to the imbalance of the nutrients.
Here is a check list of 7 of these important nutrients and food sources rich in them.
- Iron assists in the transportation of oxygen throughout the body and is an essential component of red blood cells and the muscles that . Deficiency in iron can make you feel tired and can decrease your performance. Women lose twice as much iron as men and are more likely to be deficient, particularly during the child bearing years. Lentils, kidney beans, dried fruits, green vegetables and cereals are rich source of iron.
- Vitamin D primarily helps to strengthen your skeleton as well as keeps you away from heart attacks. Some Research says that people deficient of vitamin d are more likely to develop heart attack. Sunlight is the biggest and the important source of Vitamin D. Therefore it is important to take time out of your busy schedule and get outdoors to soak some sun. Some other options for vitamin D in your diet are eggs and in small amounts in calcium rich products.
- Magnesium is a multi-tasker and involves in more than 300 bodily functions. Some how we are inefficient in meeting the 400 milligram daily requirement of it. Helps to convert carbohydrates, protein, and fats into energy. The body has to struggle to generate energy when there is a deficiency of calcium in the body. Eat almonds, spinach, navy beans, lima beans, peanuts and black eyes peas are a few options of magnesium rich food you can choose from. Magnesium helps to regulate nerve signaling, muscle contraction and relaxation, and the rhythm of your heart.
- Vitamin B12. Apart from creating red blood cells and keeping our nervous system healthy, we also need vitamin B12 in order to be able to absorb folic acid. Vitamin B12 also helps to release energy. A daily requirement of 2.4 micrograms is needed by our body. Good source of casino online B12 vitamins are salmon, lamb and fortified cereals.
- Zinc is an essential mineral that stimulates the activity of many enzymes in the body. It supports your healthy immune system and supports the healthy growth and development of the body during adolescence, childhood and pregnancy. Good sources of zinc are red meat, poultry, seafood, whole grains, beans, nuts and dairy products.
- Potassium helps your cells convert glucose for energy, without potassium your heart couldn't beat, your muscles wouldn't contract, and your brain couldn't comprehend this sentence. It also helps lower blood pressure and keeps your stress levels at bay. A recent survey says that in a research it was found that people are consuming just 60-70 % of your daily requirement of potassium. To meet your daily requirement of 4500 mg some of good sources of potassium are potatoes, banana, coconut water, coconut and avocados.
- Iodine. Yoghurt, eggs, milk and animal feed are some of good sources of iodine for your nutrition.Thyroid glands require iodine to produce the hormones which helps control how efficiently you burn calories. Insufficient iodine can cause you gain weight and feel fatigued. Table salt might not be the best source as a research suggests that most common salts don"t meet the FDA recommended amount of salt.