Yes,we all know it..food plays a very important role in maintaining the health of our eyes.As with time,we all are getting more n more glued to our screens...phone/tablets/laptops. Having good ,healthy eyes with vision should become our priority.So here are some suggestions for dietary benfits.
1. Leafy Greens: Spinach, kale and collard greens, to name a few, are full of lutein and zeaxanthin, plant pigments that can help stem the development of macular degeneration and cataracts. Broccoli, peas and avocados are also good sources of this powerful antioxidant duo.You can add green tea to the list.
2. Fish: Cold-water fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which may help protect against dry eyes, macular degeneration and even cataracts.
3. Citrus Fruits and Berries: Oranges, grapefruits, lemons and berries are high in vitamin C, which may reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
4. Nuts: Pistachios, walnuts, almonds — whichever type tickles your fancy — are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E that boost your eye health.
5. Colorful Fruits and Vegetables: Foods such as carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, strawberries, pumpkin, corn and cantaloupe are excellent sources of vitamins A and C. Even turmeric is good for eyes.
6. Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil and Black Currant Seed Oil: These super supplements contain omega-3 fatty acids and have many eye health benefits, including helping to prevent or control dry eye syndrome as well as reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
7. Eggs: The vitamins and nutrients in eggs, including lutein and vitamin A (which may protect against night blindness and dry eyes), promote eye health and function.
Hopefully out of so many good choices atleast some will tickle your tastebuds & find its way on your plate.
Stay healthy & see good :-) !