There are several hair product advertisements, for different types of hair and different types of hair problems, but we miss on the very simple and basic things that can give us lustrous hair. Following are some simple lifestyle changes you can make to improve your hair health drastically-
- Wash your hair at least 3 times a week. Most people use styling product or gel, so it is necessary to clean the buildup. Regular washing keeps the hair follicles clean so new hair growth has a clear path to your scalp’s surface. Most people use way too much shampoo to wash hair, only a small amount, the size of a coin is the right amount of shampoo that is required to wash the hair properly and clean the scalp.
- Dry the hair naturally. Any soft cotton cloth should be used for drying the hair, heavy towels should not be used for tying the hair.
- Trim the hair regularly every 6 to 8 weeks,this will help in getting rid of split ends.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday . Your diet should be rich in protein, iron, zinc.
- Massage the scalp, with your finger tips for 5 minutes, 2-3 times a day. This increases the blood flow in the scalp region and aids hair growth. In India, the tradition of massaging oil in the scalp before bathing is followed, this improves blood flow and helps in conditioning the hairs.
Even when you are not washing or applying oil to hair, still you should massage scalp everyday for 5 minutes.
- Blow drying and styling hair should be limited for special occasions.
A few changes in routine life and habits can make a huge difference to the health of your hair. If you try these changes, you will witness them yourself!