Depression is becoming common these days. People have many reasons to feel sad depressed and suicidal. More the advancement, more the expectations from life and more the disappointments. Less marks in exams, love break up, death of loved ones, professional disturbances, joblessness, loneliness, insults and helplessness are a few highlighted reasons that lead to severe depressions and suicides. Younger generation is less tolerant and gives up on the intimidation of every thing that's not as per their thinking. Of course, the pressure on the generation now is too high, to perform well, to live well, to look good and to be accepted. In the bargain, the mental health goes for a toss. Suicide is not an option at all. Meeting a psychologist and taking help is more easy, ethical and intelligent than leaving this world for some reason that could be sorted.
6 Important Thoughts that you need to know about life are:
1. Depression is a choice. If you allow too much negativity to seep in your thought process, you are bound to feel low. Positive attitude of people keeps depression away from their minds. Practice positivity for a depression free life.
2. Don't depend your life on people's judgements about you. Believe and respect yourself. Don't fall for over appreciation or hurting comments and insults of people. Don't give up your mood or life because someone said something wrong to you. Be aware of yourself and don't let anyone tell you your worth. Take control of your self image and self worth.
3. Be comfortable with yourself. The way you look, the way you are and the way life is treating you is your life. Accept it. There are sarcastic and condescending people in this world, learn to mute them in real life. Don't let that affect your peace. Your life is precious; it's not worth giving it up for people who do not accept you the way you are. Learn to accept facts about yourself and plan to make the most out of whatever you already possess.
4. Mental wellness is more important than physical beauty and worldly pleasures. Skin colour, disability or illnesses should not be issues of depression in life. Love yourself. Some people intend to corner you and make things difficult for you. Don't fall for their trap. Safeguard yourself from people who are not concerned about your well being.
5. Each one feels low or lonely at some point time in life. Some succumb to the pressures of emotional turbulences and some get swayed away into the limbo called hopelessness. Take charge of your feelings and elevate yourself every time such negative thoughts touch your mind.
6. Help is available. If you ever feel that your mental pressures are beyond your control, take help of a psychologist or a counselor. Don't hesitate. It's better to take help and sort things than spoil or give up a precious life .
Life is beautiful, if you can see it that way. Life will treat you the way you see it. Practice positivity and love yourself.