Sleep is a natural healer. Sleep well to make your life better. People who do not get sound sleep are unhealthy, tired and irritated most of the time. Good sleep cannot be counted in hours, it's about a sync between the conscious and the subconscious mind. Thoughtless sleep is a measure of the soundness of sleep.
Tips for making sure you get some sound sleep tonight:
- Exercise daily. Make it a life ritual. Avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle. Avoid using lifts wherever possible. Walk to every place possible. Set targets for a number of steps. Be active.
- Think about positive things before you sleep. Don't let negativity mingle on your mind once you decide to get into bed. Keep your thoughts clean and happy around your bedtime.
- Think about 3 good things that happened during the day at the end of every day. Every day has some highs and lows, we get learnings and happy moments. Think of the good ones and understand you're lucky for having those.
- Fix a specific time for sleeping and try to follow it every day. You can excuse yourself on weekends but follow it throughout the week. Work pressure may not allow this but choose to wake up early and work, rather than sleep late for work.
- Avoid eating sugar and sweets around your bedtime .