It happens to just about everyone: Your sex life ebbs and flows.Your age, health, and how you feel about your relationship can all have an impact. In some situations, supplements definitely help. Before trying an herb or a supplement, think about what you can add or subtract from your life: exercise, weight loss, treating a condition, or changing a medication. Most of the attention about sex and supplements focuses on men.
But what might work for a man doesn’t necessarily work for a woman. These can all help, but you need to look at the big picture first. Don’t be shy about telling your doctor what’s going on and discuss which supplements might work for you.
- Look and Feel your Sexiest Self with Zinc.How it works: Zinc helps to boost your testosterone production and prevents testosterone being turned into excess estrogen by blocking the enzyme responsible.
- Have Bigger Orgasms with Evening Primrose OilYou may feel sexual desire, but the sex itself doesn’t feel as good as it used to and you’re not getting those really big Os like before.How it works: Evening primrose oil will balance out your progesterone and estrogen levels, which in turn will increase dopamine, which will in turn help you produce more nitric oxide. This is absolutely essential for the dilation of blood vessels and tumescence that leads to bigger and better orgasms.
- Get back in the mood with MagnesiumSymptoms of magnesium deficiency include muscle cramping, migraines, poor sleep, fatigue and PMS.How it works: Magnesium makes it harder for your testosterone to bind onto proteins and allows for more of it to remain “free” in your bloodstream – which is exactly how you want it to be for a higher sex drive. Higher levels of free testosterone allows for more desire. Magnesium also combats anxiety and prevents depressive feelings, helping you enjoy yourself more.
- Pump It Up With Iron: How it Works: If you are low in iron, it might dim your overall energy and hence your libido. This in turn impacts desire, arousal, lubrication, and the ability to have an orgasm.
- Get the Ginkgo Biloba extract:How It Works: This herbal extract facilitates blood flow, influences nitric oxide systems, and has a relaxant effect on the genital smooth muscle tissue. These bodily processes are important for the sexual response to occur in women.
Always let your doctor know what you take, in case it could affect your health or any medications that you take.