Here are three important and effective exercises for a backache:
1. Tummy Tuck-in or Bracing the lower back, you can do this exercises in-
- Standing- Exhale from the mouth with pursed lips (blowing the candle), simultaneously pull your belly button towards your spine. Hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
- Sitting- Sit on a firm chair in tall relax sitting and repeat as above.
- Lying- Lie on your back with legs bent so that feet lie flat on the bed. Repeat as above.
2. Pelvic tilt-
- Lie on your back as above and push your belly button towards the spine
- Roll the pelvis as you are trying to touch the pelvis with your face without lifting the pelvis from the bed.
- Hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
3. Single leg raise-
- Lie on your back as above. Straighten your one leg while other leg remains in bent position.
- Raise the straight leg up to 50 to 70 degree at a comfortable range.
- Try to hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
- Do the same exercise with the other leg.