Lack of sleep is growing as a major concern in the world, it is estimated that every 5th individual suffers from lack of sleep. This century is known as the century of sleeplessness,100 years ago most of the people used to sleep at least 2-3 hours more than today’s generation, people wants to have a good sleep but they cannot get good sleep, you can buy a bed but you cannot buy sleep, this is becoming a reality now days. Sleep is important to get the body and mind rejuvenated, the needed sleeping hours may differ from person to person but the main focus should be on the quality of the sleep. Insomnia is a term used when a person suffers 3-4 days a week of sleepless or interrupted sleep that continues to one month.
To help you in getting a sound sleep and peaceful mind, here are some tips that you can follow in your lifestyle.
- Choose a fix time to get up in the morning, and time to sleep.
- Do not watch TV or use mobile phones before going to sleep.
- Do not indulge any mentally stimulating activity like quarrel or argument.
- Do not smoke or alcohol, because these things will damage the quality of your sleep.
- Take a bath with warm water half an hour before going to bed.
- Drink a glass of milk before going to sleep.
- Eat a light dinner; try to eat your dinner 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
- Make an environment suitable for good sleep, wear light cloths or night suits, switch off the lights, and condition your brain to have a good sleep by practicing these minute habits.
- Do some physical activity of 40 minutes five days a week.
- Do not use over the counter sleep inducing medicine without consulting your doctor.