Making kids eat healthy and nutritious food is a daunting task for every parent. The very mention of vegetables and grains make the children cringe and run away from the dinner table. Nevertheless, there are foods that are easy for you to cook and present them in an exciting way to your kids and make them healthy the fun way.
Some of the healthy foods that can boost your kid’s health are:
1. Malted grains (Nachni satva) offer a huge chunk of energy for your little one in the morning. Having Nachni Satva with Milk or the masaledar way gives the child a boost as it contains Vitamin B, Calcium, Iron and other essential micro-nutrients.
2. Eggs are a protein powerhouse along with the nutrients of B vitamins, iron, zinc and calcium. It is better for kids to have two eggs per day.
3. Nuts are the proper type of fat for kid’s healthy body. Some kids are allergic to peanuts, and it is most commonly found in allergy. Consult your doctor to check what type of nuts and fruits are better suited for your child.
4. Yogurt is a great source of calcium for the body. Calcium is required for good bones and teeth. If your child is not a fan of plain yogurt, then try adding fruits or vegetables together with the yogurt.
5. Sweet potato is a commonly found vegetable in India. The sweet potato packs a punch of Vitamin A that is essential for the healthy sight. You can cook the sweet potato as savoury or a sweet dish to boost your child’s health.
6. Mango is also a great way to ensure your child’s supply of Vitamin C. You can make many delicious food items out of mango like mango pops, milkshakes and many more.
7. Flaxseed has Omega-3 fatty acids that are required for brain development. You can mix flax seed in the curries or rotis and include them in your child’s daily diet.
8. Legumes like black beans, lima beans are a great source of protein for your kid’s health. It also aids digestion and has fiber.
9. Milk is a complete food that offers the best source of nutrition for the kids. Give your child a cup of warm milk every day to boost their immunity.
10. Last but not the least, give your child a cup of freshly cut fruits and vegetables every day in the place of junk food.
These are some of the healthy foods that you can present in a fun way to your kids and give them a healthy and happy life.