Wisdom tooth pain

My wisdom teeth is growing on right bottom corner and it pains intermittently. I guess the issue is there is less space in the corner. I want to know whether I need to go for an operation since the pain is tremendous sometimes and it causes headache.

Doctor Answers (8) on Wisdom tooth pain

Hi..get you wisdom tooth removed by oral surgeon.

Regards

Nagpur | Dentist
If the erupting wisdom tooth is causing a frequent pain to you, then after assesing its position on x ray it can be extracted. There is no harm at all in extracting the tooth. You have to just judiciously follow the postoperative instructions given by your doctor. Regards.
Average age of eruption is between 18 to 23 years. Your tooth is impacted. Whether you would need a surgery or not, can only be suggested by x X-ray. Get the tooth extracted..
Hello. Its a well accepted fact that lack of sufficient space for the wisdom tooth to erupt freely leads to repeated episodes of pain. Due to diverse root anatomy of lower wisdom teeth its highly advisable to undergo an OPG before the procedure.

Regards
Sunshine Dental Care.

Hi, We need to see the X-ray before commenting anything. In most of the people , there is less space for wisdom tooth to fully erupt into oral cavity, so they have to get it removed. So first visit your dentist, get a X-ray done, then only it can be decided that what treatment is to be done. Meanwhile you can do warm saline Rinses. Also Rexidin-M Forte gel can be applied locally
Get an xray done to knw the exact problem .there is no harm in extraction
What you will need is an xray to decide weather there's any further possibility of growth or its going to be in the same position. then only the dentist will be able to take a call on removal or maybe some minor gum surgery which will ease the pressure caused by the wisdom tooth which in turn will reduce the pain. Meanwhile Luke warm salt water gargles will help
Hope this helps
Dr Raghavendra Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Kindly take one x ray and find the status of tooth eruption. If there no chance of tooth coming into occlusion and pain is coming intermittently kindly go for tooth removal. For pain take novamox lb and and eterocoxib p as pain killer