1. What is the meaning of Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is an ancient system of healing illness which means "science of life" (Ayur = life and Veda = science). Ayurveda recognises human being as part of nature and is governed by three major energies termed as "Vata" (wind), "Pitta" (fire), and "Kapha" (earth).
2. What are ayurvedic medicines?
Ayurvedic medicines are India's oldest and a traditional medical system for treating illnesses. These medicines are referred to in ancient writings which majorly consist of plant product and may include animal product, metal, and mineral.
3. Are ayurvedic medicines effective?
According to scientific clinical trials on some ayurvedic medicines, it is proved that these medicines are equally effective as that of allopathic medicines.
4. Are ayurvedic medicines safe?
Ayurvedic medicinal preparation may include metal, minerals and gems which may pose a risk of increased metal and mineral levels in body which may be dangerous. Thus, they should be taken only from a reputed, experienced and genuine qualified ayurvedic doctor.
5. Is it safe to use ayurvedic medicines in pregnancy?
No, it is not safe to use ayurvedic medicines without consultation of your doctor or child's doctor during pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding your baby. These medicines may contain some component which may be harmful for development of your baby.
• Knee Replacement in Pune • Kidney Transplant in Pune • Hair Transplant Surgery in Pune • Infertility Treatment - IVF in Pune • Circumcision in Pune • Spine surgery in Pune • Laminectomy in Pune • Discectomy in Pune • Bariatric Surgery in Pune • Gastric Bypass Surgery in Pune • MTP/Medical Abortion in Pune • Surgical Abortion in Pune • IVF in Pune • Fertility Treatment in Pune • IUI in Pune • Rhinoplasty in Pune • Circumcision in Pune • Breast Surgery - Breast Implant in Pune • Breast Surgery - Breast Augmentation in Pune