334 doctors available in Pune
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What medicines are recommended for treating chickenpox?
Doctors recommend antiviral medicines like acyclovir or intravenous immune globulin. If these medicines are given within 24 hours after the first rash appears, they reduce the severity of chickenpox.
2. What are the home remedies for chicken pox?
Some of the commonly used home remedies for chickenpox are:
• Taking soda baths with cool water every three or four hours
• Using chamomile express
• Applying calamine lotion to reduce itching
• Wearing mittens to prevent scratching the skin
• Taking an oatmeal bath
3. How many days does it take to recover from chickenpox?
It takes about 7 to 10 days to recover from chickenpox. Some people take longer to recover.
4. Is it okay to take a bath during chickenpox?
It is completely safe to take bath during chickenpox. Infact, taking frequent cold showers will give you relief from itching and pain and will cleanse your skin. Do not scrub your skin and always air dry or pat dry your skin.
5. How do I know if the condition is healing?
Generally, the chicken pox blisters burst open and start leaking over the course of few days. Then the blisters crust and scab over before healing completely.