Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
A leading healthcare facility that strives for the betterment of the patients. The vision of these hospitals is “To be a globally respected healthcare organization known for clinical excellence and distinctive patient care”, with the mission of “Saving and Enriching Life”. Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai is a 5 times JCI accredited. It is a 315-bed hospital providing tertiary care and a range of diagnostics and treatments. Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai is Maharashtra’s biggest transplant center for multiorgan transplant and is Mumbai’s first advanced with a surgical robot.
Meaning of the Fortis Logo:
The logo of the Fortis brand projects is a symbol of human values such as trust, ethics, service, and quality. The union of the green color hands and a red dot represents Fortis’ path to healthcare. The green color of hands represents compassion, nurturing, generosity, wellbeing, and health. The red dot stands for energy, spirituality, courage, and a symbol of good luck.
- To admit a patient in the Fortis, one should get an admission note from the doctor and need to give it to the admission counter.
- If the patient is insured, then the patient will be sent to the insurance desk.
- A Unique Identification Number [UID] will be generated which can be used to save all the medical records of the patient by the hospital for future reference.
- The discharge process will be handled by the respective IP co-ordinators.
- The unused medicines will be returned, and a discharge summary will be prepared by the concerned department.
- If any discharge medicines or medical devices are prescribed, then the doctor will explain how to use them.
- Finally, the bill will be handed over to either patient or caretaker.
Guideline for Visitors:
- At the time of admission, passes for visitors will be issued and all the visitors are requested to wear these passes while on the premises of the hospital.
- For the safety of the patients, the visitors are limited during visiting hours.
- Visitors under 12 years old are restricted on patient floors to protect children from any infections.
- Before & after visiting, sanitation of hands is mandatory.
- Mobile phone use is prohibited in the areas where patient monitoring & medical equipment are in operation.
Patient & Attendant Responsibilities:
- Provide complete and right information including full name, address, date of birth, name of the insurance company, past illness, and medical details.
- Updating the doctors and nurses about the effectiveness of the treatment or operation.
- Should bring only necessary items to the hospital, leave valuables at home.
- By hospital rules and safety regulations, noise levels must be as low as possible while talking or attending a phone call.
- The attendant or patient handles keeping appointments on time. If not, call the doctor or hospital.
Patient & Attendant Rights:
- Being a patient or caregiver, you have the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion in a safe and clean environment.
- Protection to your privacy and confidentiality in treatment options, and examinations.
- A clear and detailed explanation by the doctor about the diagnosis, benefits, and risks of each treatment.
- Protection from physical mistreatment and carelessness.
- Either patient or attendant can request a copy of their medical records.
Location Selector in Mumbai:
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund - Mumbai
- Fortis S.L.Raheja, Mahim - Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Kalyan - Mumbai
- Fortis Hiranandani, Vashi - Mumbai
- Cardiac surgery
- Orthopaedic & Joint replacement
- Gastro sciences
- Critical care
- Bariatric & Metabolic surgery
- Blood disorders
- Breast surgery
- International patient care
- Operation theatres
- Ambulance service
- Blood banks
- Diagnostic center
- ATM services
- Car parking
- IP manager
- Linen, and Laundry
- Allied service manager, OP manager, Guest relation manager
Visiting hours for in-patient wards:
- In-wards - 10 am to 11 am
- 4 pm to 7 pm
- ICU - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Emergency services - 24 hours