1. What does a nutritionist/ Dietitian do?
A dietitian/nutritionist is a specialist who is trained to plan your meal depending up on your health and nutritional requirements. He/she can guide you about eating right food in right proportions to achieve your ideal health status and weight.
2. What is the difference between a Dietitian and Nutritionist?
A nutritionist that gets registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) after qualifying a national level exam may legally declare themselves as dietitians or more precisely, registered dietitians (RDs).
3. How will a Dietitian/Nutritionist be helpful?
Dietitian/Nutritionist could be helpful in controlling bad food habits and planning a right diet to control your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels and for achieveing and maintaining the right weight.
4. When do you need to see a dietician?
You can see a dietician when you are feeling the requirement to reduce or increase your weight or keeping a check on some disease.
5. What to expect on your first visit to a Dietitian/Nutritionist?
Dietitian/Nutritionist will analyse your medical history and medicines you take. He will assess how active you are. On the basis of all this data he will plan your meal according to your body requirements.
Dietetics is a branch which studies food and nutrition and its influence on the health of a person. Dieticians are experts in the field of dietetics. They recommend diets as per nutritional requirement of their patients. The prime work area of a dietician is food as well as health management.
Dieticians are usually consulted if you are suffering from any type of deficiency or problem. Further, in case you have undergone any type of surgery, you might require the guidance of a dietician who can suggest food which will facilitate faster recovery. People with different lifestyle problems like obesity, high blood pressure, Celiac Disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, gastro-intestinal problems also require services of a dietician. Dieticians suggest dietary changes for both weight gain and weight loss. Dieticians provide meal plans if you suffer from problems like kidney failure, eating disorders, IBS syndrome, different kinds of allergies etc.
There are different sub categories of dieticians. There are Clinical dieticians who provide nutrition guidance to people undergoing medical treatment. The meal plans are customized to the patient need i.e. diet for diabetic patient is different from that of a person with kidney problem. There are Community dieticians who provide eating programs for community on whole. The last category of dieticians is Management dietitians. They fix set meal plans for different food service settings such as prisons, hospitals, cafeterias and schools. They buy requisite food items and then execute business-related tasks such as budgeting etc. They also supervise kitchen staff in meal preparation.
The consultation fee of a Dietician is Rs 1,000/-. Preparation of diet charts varies from Rs 1000/-to Rs 10,000/-. While cost of Diet Supplements ranges from Rs500/- to Rs 5,000/-.
Dieticians offer different dietary recommendations to patients as per their need.
Diet for people with hypertension - People suffering from hypertension and other lifestyle diseases are recommended high fibre diet.
Diet for people with eating disorders- Those with eating disorders such as binge eating, purging are told to adhere to meal plans in order to regulate their eating habits.
Diet for the kidney patients- Kidney patients are prescribed diet to manage their renal condition.
Diet for sportsmen- Strength building protein diets are given to sports persons.
Post-surgery diet - Diets to accelerate the healing process are given to patients after their surgery.
• Knee Replacement in Mumbai • Kidney Transplant in Mumbai • Hair Transplant Surgery in Mumbai • Infertility Treatment - IVF in Mumbai • Circumcision in Mumbai • Spine surgery in Mumbai • Laminectomy in Mumbai • Discectomy in Mumbai • Bariatric Surgery in Mumbai • Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mumbai • MTP/Medical Abortion in Mumbai • Surgical Abortion in Mumbai • Lasik in Mumbai • IVF in Mumbai • Fertility Treatment in Mumbai • IUI in Mumbai • Rhinoplasty in Mumbai • Circumcision in Mumbai • Breast Surgery - Breast Implant in Mumbai • Breast Surgery - Breast Reduction in Mumbai • Breast Surgery - Breast Augmentation in Mumbai