FREE FERTILITY CHECK UP
12 APRIL 2018-14 APRIL 2018
Before you start thinking in APRIL about getting pregnant, it’s best to get a clean bill of health from your doctor. Your preconception check-up should include the following:
- Checking your immune status, especially against rubella.
- Get yourself screened for STD.
- Having a urine test to check for infection and glucose.
- Getting your blood pressure taken.
- Having a cervical smear if you have not had one in recent months.
- Testing your blood group to discover whether you are rhesus negative.
- Discussing with your doctor the implications of any long-term health problem for fertility, pregnancy and parenthood.
- Making sure any medication you take is safe during pregnancy and will not affect your fertility.