Just following it?
These days everybody is busy and in rush to finish their respective works on a daily basis that no one really thinks much on tiny important points related to daily habit.
Let's say Brushing is the first thing we do when we wake up and the last thing before going to bed.
We do it because the habit is inculcated or to save our teeth or because the dentist has advised. Most of us do brushing in such a hurry, just to finish it because we do not know the importance of it.
Brushing is a very very important habit which needs to be understood and has to be done twice morning and night before going to bed.
WHY BRUSH IN MORNING?
- When we sleep the salivary secretion becomes slow which makes the mouth dry.
- Amount of bacteria is more at night compared to morning time which then accumulates and creates a film on teeth and produces an acidic odour
- Also, toothpaste contains fluoride so everytime you brush you are exposed to it which is very good for our teeth.
WHY BRUSH AT NIGHT?
- To remove the plaque which has got deposited.
- To reduce the bacteria which has accumulated whole day because of snacking. The bacteria produce acid which removes the first layer of our teeth called enamel.
- Exposure to fluoride.
- Reduces the chance of cavities and gum problems.
1. Brush twice daily mandatory
2.Brush for 2-3 minutes and not 45-60 seconds
3. Floss once daily
4. Visit your dentist every 6 months
5. Change your toothbrush every 3 months
6. Rinse your mouth after every meal or snack.
"REMEMBER DENTAL TREATMENTS ARE NOT EXPENSIVE NEGLECT IS"