In our hectic life you are continuously challenged by difficult times and setbacks, they are an unavoidable and inevitable part of human being. By learning how to manage and reduce stress will take you into the right direction in life.
Too much stress in our life over a long period of time can lead to anxiety disorders like panic attacks, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. It can also lead to physical health problems and strange behaviors. It can hamper our ability to enjoy life and stay happy.
The first step in reducing stress is to understand what is anxiety and how does it impact our lives. Anxiety is a normal response to a stressful situation that includes the feel of worry, nervousness and apprehension. A mild anxiety can be uncomfortable while more severe anxiety can impact our ability to live a happy life.
It is also important to notice that sometimes anxiety goes alongside depression, so both need to be addressed in that case. Anxiety impacts us physically; it can produce headache, palpitations, muscle tension, stomach irritability, loss of sleep, dizziness and contracted breathing. The anxiety also impacts us behaviorally, you might avoid everyday situation, difficulty in acting clearly, difficulty in expressing self. The anxiety impacts us physiologically as well, it increases self critic, situations based on fears, ruminations and obsessions.
Tips for reducing stress
- Breathe-Often when we are stressed, our breath is contracted and we need to take a deep breath and release it, this can reduce our stress immensely.
- Proper Exercise, Nutrition and Sleep.
- Balanced work/life-Take breaks along the way when you need to.
- Yoga/ meditate.
- Avoid caffeine-It increase the stress or anxiety. Also do not take alcohol and other prohibited drugs.
- Nature/music -To calm the nerves, you can also be creative make some artistic thing to calm down and relax.
- Take warm bath.
- Get support – Seek support from professionals of Acupuncture treatment, Psychotherapist, Naturopath or Medical Doctor.