Pimply face can be a really annoying site. A clean, smooth and shiny skin is a dream of every girl. There are ample of lotions available in the market to solve the acne problems. I am sure you have tried most of them. If you are still unravelling the mystery of getting rid of them, gift yourself with these homely and easy-to- do tips.
- Get aloe to your rescue: Aloe is traditionally known to heal acne, fight infection and decrease scaring. Extract the gel from the aloe plant and apply it on the acne.
- Use honey mask: Mix 1/2 cup of honey with a cup of plain oatmeal, apply it on the face and leave it for 30 min. Alternatively, you can also apply plain honey on the dry skin. It has an antibiotic-like property that soothes acne-prone skin.
- Use citrus juice: Squeeze some juice of citrus fruits, like lemons and oranges, dip cotton into it and dab it on the acne. Wash your face with cool water thereafter. It has disinfectant property and also prevents new pimples. Besides, it lightens the skin tone and improves scars too. It is also known to rub off the dry skin flakes that produce acne.
- Mint it up: Use 2 tablespoons of mint/pudina and add to it 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and powdered oatmeal each. Mix well and apply it on face. Wash off with water after 10 mins. Mint removes the oil that clogs the pores of the skin.
- Use green tea: Make green tea and cool it off. Use this to wash your face. Perhaps,antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of green tea help combat the acne.
Eat lots of veggies, whole grains, beans and fresh fruits. Shun the pasta, white bread and white rice away. Eat foods rich in omega fatty acids like walnuts and flaxseeds; their anti-inflammatory action heals the acne.
Hydrate yourself well
Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to flush the toxins out from your body.
The physical activity increases the blood circulation to the face and aids the removal of waste products. Shower after the exercise to wash off the sweat.
Lack of sleep produces stress and leads to breakouts. Enjoy your beauty sleep.
Wash your face twice a day to clean off the oils that clog the pores. Use a facial scrub twice a week to exfoliate the dry skin that clogs the pores.
- Do not overuse make-up.
- Clean your cell phones off the germs on it.
- Change the pillow covers weekly and avoid the bacteria breeding on these surfaces to improve the acne.
Implement these tips and smile at yourself in the mirror with smooth and healthy skin!