Food that is technically ‘healthy’ for your body isn’t always good for acne-prone skin. Here is a quick list of foods that are acne-skin prone friendly:
1. Refined carbohydrates - such as white bread, pasta, and rice have been processed, bleached, and stripped of their nutrients. Our body has to produce tons of insulin on consuming tons of refined carbs triggering complex things with our hormones-including hormones that affect our pores.
2. Dairy - is one of the worst foods people with acne-prone skin can eat because it not only clogs pores, but also increases hormone levels.
3. Granola Bars -Bars and drinks that are high in whey protein can cause outbreaks. Whey protein causes a spike in sebum production which leads to clogged pores and acne.
4. Chocolate - Sweets and treats containing chocolate are high on the glycemic index, which increases insulin production leading to acne.
5. Greasy Foods - Saturated fat, which is lurking in our favorite fried and greasy foods is one of the biggest culprits of inflammation inducing our body to produce excess oil.