Weight loss starts with developing healthy habits. These habits can be simple. As you incorporate these habits into your lifestyle, you’ll begin to see how they lead to weight loss.Here are our top 5 habits to help you turn your weight loss dream into a reality!
- Drink Up: We can’t emphasize enough the wonders of drinking water. When you drink enough water, you crave less food, your body burns more calories, and you lose more weight. Start your day with 2 glasses of water, and make sure you drink plenty of water through the day.
- Have Breakfast: Research shows that people who have breakfast have a better chance of losing weight and keeping it off, than people who skip it. It gives you energy for the rest of the day, and helps you prevent cravings for junk food through the day.
- Exercise: Exercise or any physical activity is essential for losing weight. It can help burn calories, improve blood flow, reduce cholesterol, manage hormone levels and make your bones stronger. Even if you can’t go to the gym, everyday activities such as taking the stairs or walking your dog are good ways to start.
- Make Almonds Your Snack of Choice: When you’re hungry, snacking healthy is key as it helps you stay energized without gaining weight. A healthy snack has three main components – protein, good fats and fiber. Almonds, which have all three, you can carry them around easily. Just a handful of almonds keep you feeling full between meals and less inclined to overeat during mealtime.
- Avoid Sugar/Maida: They are two foods that are the enemy of weight loss. Avoid eating foods like Mithai, cakes, white breads, Maida, Samosas and any food that contains sugar or Maida. If you must, then try to substitute the Maida with Atta, and the sugar with less sugar, or honey.