Hyperpigmentation refers to the darkening of certain areas of the skin when compared to the general complexion of a person. This can occur in any part of the body and people are known to suffer from the same often. There is no fixed age when hyperpigmentation occurs and can take place at any point of time in one’s life.
What are the types of Hyperpigmentation?
A person can suffer from several forms of hyperpigmentation. These include.
1. Freckles- These are tiny black spots which appear on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines- These spots mainly appear due to overexposure to the sun.
3. Melasma- This type of hyperpigmentation is only seen in pregnant women as it is caused by hormonal changes related to the pregnancy.
Causes of Hyperpigmentation
There can be a number of reasons that can cause hyperpigmentation. Here is a look at some of the most common cases for the disorder:
- Children can inherit the disorder from their parents.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can also cause the same.
- Fidgeting with skin and poking at it may cause the disorder.
- Certain drugs related to hormone imbalance and antibiotics may cause hyperpigmentation as a side effect.
- Skin damage from severe acne can also be a cause for the disorder.
Homeopathy For Hyperpigmentation
Homeopathy does not merely treat the area of the skin where the effects of hyperpigmentation are visible. Instead, it treats the underlying issue that causes the hyperpigmentation in the first place. The medication cannot be prescribed in such a case without fully evaluating the patient and going through his/her medical history.
Homeopathic practitioners consider the cause of the abnormal pigmentation of the skin prior to prescribing the medicine. Some of the things that are checked among patients include their stress levels, hormonal balance in the body, exposure to sun, nutrition and even the veracity of their immune systems.A doctor who gets to the root of the issue will know exactly which course of the treatment will be most effective against the disorder for the said patient. Since excess melanin is usually the culprit behind any pigmentation-related disorder, homeopaths prescribe medicines that nullify the excess compound and restores overall hormonal balance of the body. However, to maintain the overall texture and quality of skin, homeopathic practitioners may also recommend the usage of certain ointments.