Monsoon is synonymous with number of diseases. The rainy season does not even spare the skin. In monsoon the atmosphere is humid as well as dry, rains and humidity can make your skin look dry and expose you to bacterial and fungal infections.
So here are few tips which will ensure you happy and pretty monsoon -
1. Don't forget to cleanse your face twice a day and especially at night before going to bed which will help in removing all girme, dirt and sweat. Use face wash considering your skin type. If your skin is oily it is always better to wash your face with warm water instead of cold, as warm water will effectively rid your skin from excess oil, leaving your skin squeaky clean.
2. Use of mud packs - Apply a mud pack if your skin is excessively oily it helps to absorb oil.
3. Splash of rose water - For days when your skin is looking like an oil rig, rose water is the best rescue. Wipe your face with cotton swab dipped in rose water. Not only it will help to absorb the excess oil but it gives your skin a good refreshing feel.
4. Neem leaves - Whether it is Acne, pimples or any kind of fungal infection related to monsoon apply a paste of dry neem powder mixed with water on face, as neem contains antibacterial properties it helps in keeping all skin conditions at bay giving your skin a healthy, flawless appearance.
Just because it is humid doesn't mean your skin doesn't need moisture, humid atmosphere can make your skin look dull and dehydrated so apply a light, non sticky moisturizer which will help in retaining your skin's moisture. Apply Vitamin E oil which will provide a deep nourishment thereby rejuvenating your skin. It is the best therapeutic measure for skin care especially in monsoon.
5. Don't forget to exfoliate your skin 2 - 3 times in a week, use gentle scrub to remove dead skin cells. Avoid heavy make up it can clog your pores.
6. Allow your feet to breathe, wear open footwear as closed ones can trap water thereby causing fungal infections and chilblains (Athlete's foot). DO NOT WEAR WET CLOTHS AT ALL. It spreads fungal infection rapidly. Seek medical help as soon as possible if fungal infection attacks you .
7. Last but not the least, there are records which have proved the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for each and every monsoon ailment whether it is Acne, pimples in monsoon or fungal infection, chilblains (Atlete's foot) in monsoon Homoeopathic medicines can work par excellence.
One of the best Homoeopathic medicine which can be used as a bath mixture in monsoon is Calendula. It is the best healing herb for all skin complaints which can also be used as a prophylactic for various skin complaints.
Have a happy and healthy monsoon