We all know that our body needs food for survival. The growth and development of every organ is influenced by the diet we consume. Similarly, the growth of eyes - the most sensitive organ of the body, depends on the food diet. Eyes are vascular and need a heart-healthy diet which is low in trans and saturated fat is important to keep the blood vessels of the eyes healthy. Food rich in antioxidants from age-related macular degeneration known as ARMD, which is leading cause of blindness among older people.
Here is the list of foods which are good for EYE NUTRITION:-
- FISH- Cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, and sardines etc. are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help in protecting against dry eyes, cataracts and even macular degeneration. Salmon is a rich source of vitamin D as well which keeps the eyes healthy.
- OLIVE OIL- not only olive oil is low in trans and saturated fat, many types of research have shown that the people consuming olive oil were 48% less likely to develop ARMD. Keep one thing in mind that when you are looking for olive oil in the market, choose the extra virgin for the extra antioxidant boost it provides.
- CORNS- the biggest contribution of the corn to human is to make the corn dyed into two golden pigment lutein and zeaxanthin. They function even better than nutrients. Also, Corns are a mine of complex carbohydrates, vitamin C, and fibre and help to protect eyes from UV rays and slow down the processes of age-related vision problems.
- CARROTS- Carrots and other orange coloured fruits and veggies promote eye health and protect vision because they have beta-carotene, a type of vitamin A that gives these foods an orange hue and helps retina to function smoothly.
- EGGS- Intake of eggs on a periodic basis help to prevent eye health related diseases like a cataract. The egg yolk can also help to reduce the thinning of Macula (the area around the pupil) that is responsible for the quality of our vision.
- GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES- Spinach, kale, and other dark green leafy veggies are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin stored in the macula that acts as a natural sunblock, shielding the eye from damaging light. So eating green veggies not only helps o improve your vision but also helps to maintain it for the long term.
Vision is the most special gift one has from the almighty. Eat healthy to maintain the health of your eyes and experience the beautiful world you are born in.
ENJOY YOUR VISION!!! :)